The story of Theodore Robert Bundy is one of lies, deceit and murder and not at all for the faint hearted. When I began studying “Ted” I wasn’t the least bit worried about the fact that I was reading about one of the most notorious serial killers in American History. But as the hours I studied him increased, Ted began to invade my thoughts and eventually my dreams until I found it hard to sleep and I saw potential Ted Bundy’s lurking around every corner. Trying to sort truth from falsehood, in the accounts of Bundy’s life, has been a daunting task but one statement he made has continually caused me to take pause. Before he was executed Ted was often noted claiming that “pornography made [him] do it.” My initial thought was to dismiss such a classic “the devil made me do it” statement. However my mind kept coming back to this seemingly simple statement, wondering if there really could be any truth to such a claim.
My research soon told me that not only was Ted addicted to aggressive pornography, but to alcohol and stealing as well. But how and when did these addictions develop, and how did they effect his social and mental growth as a young adult? It is my intention to present evidence from Ted's early life that will help answers these questions and perhaps provide further insight into the man that became one of America's most wanted serial killers.
I remember when this man was causing great pain and evil to so many people and families. A good friend of mine, her sister was one of his victims.
ReplyDelete